At the Colorado Plateau, everything we do leads us toward our vision of a future when all the people of northern Arizona have access to high quality health services and professionals.
The Colorado Plateau Center for Health Professions (CPCHP) exists to improve the health of rural and underserved communities in northern Arizona by building, training, and strengthening the health workforce.
Those who live or provide healthcare in northern Arizona are painfully aware of the current health workforce shortages, especially in rural and underserved locations.
At the Colorado Plateau, we know that there are two proven ways to fill this gap:
- Recruit rural youth into healthcare careers so they return to serve their communities
- Train healthcare students and residents in the communities where we need them to practice
When we train students in the community, they’ll practice in the community. So that’s what we do.
The Colorado Plateau Center for Health Professions offers a career pathway from high school, through graduate studies, and into clinical practice in a diverse field of health professions in rural and underserved communities.
The Colorado Plateau has been serving northern Arizona since 1987 and is a member of the nationwide network of Area Health Education Centers, building the healthcare workforce across the country.
Our programs include:
- Activities for youth that encourage them into health careers;
- Community-based clinical training for students and residents;
- Continuing education for practicing health professionals;
- Research and quality improvement that improves care for underserved communities;
- Family & Community Medicine Residency for physicians;
- Community-Based Pharmacy Residency for pharmacists
We need your help to help us deliver on our mission to improve the health of rural and underserved communities in northern Arizona. Learn more about ways to get involved.