Colorado Plateau Center for Health Professions (CPCHP) collaborates with other AHECs in Arizona for the Future Health Leaders Camp. This week-long summer camp brings together high school students from across Arizona and provides opportunities for students to interact with professionals from a wide range of health careers.
We encourage students who are interested in a future health care career, or haven’t yet decided to participate in this program, held annually in June. This program has moved to a virtual setting and will not cost students money to participate.
Come take a dive into the life of nursing, social work, and other allied health professions.
Past Future Health Leaders activities have included:
- Exploration of different health careers
- College preparation
- Local college and university tours
- First Aid and CPR training
- Healthy nutrition on a budget
- Public Health demonstration
- Arizona Science Center field trip
- Sheep heart dissection
- Cadaver lab
- TGEN tour and demonstration
- Nurse training simulation lab
- Community health volunteer work
- Public Health PSA development
- Rock climbing
- Ropes course
- Diamondbacks baseball game
Interested in exploring careers in the healthcare industry? Have your questions answered at the Future Health Leaders Summer Camp.